Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata

This is the most excellent manga I have ever read (ok, I haven't read a lot, but still). Light Yagami finds a notebook dropped in our world by a Shinigami. Light quickly realizes that any person whose name is written in the notebook dies. The rules of the notebook are complex and become more apparent as Light decides to use it to rid the world of evil.

Over twelve volumes, the story takes many twists and becomes more involved with Light being investigated by the police and pursued by L, the world's greatest detective.

This was recommended to me a few years ago, and I cannot say enough about the incredible writing. I never knew what to expect and couldn't wait to get to the next volume.

Click here for more info about this book from the Indianapolis Public Library.


No comments:

Post a Comment