Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Playing With Matches by Brian Katcher

Leon is not much to look at, but he does have his sense of humor. Imagine his shock and disappointment when he finds his new locker neighbor is Melody Hennon, considered an outcast and a freak be everyone in school. Melody was severely burned as a child and her face bears the scars that she will have for life. Once Leon makes her laugh with a really bad joke, he sees her differently. Can he go out with her and not be totally embarrassed by his friends and everyone else in school? Things get more complicated when the hottest girl in school asks Leon out.

It has been awhile since I read this book. Whenever I see it or think of books to recommend, I remember how much I liked it. I was not always happy with Leon's decisions, but I liked how Melody was revealed to be nice, smart person with all the worries of other teens.

For more info, check out the author's site


No comments:

Post a Comment